First Presbyterian Church of McMinnville is now accepting PIF’s from applicants for our vacancy for Pastor – Head of Staff. The major responsibilities are found below. PIF’s may be submitted through the PCUSA CLC or directly to the PNC of First Presbyterian via email email@example.com or via US mail to PNC, First Presbyterian Church, 390 NE 2nd St, McMinnville, OR 97128
Major Responsibilities: For What Specific tasks, assignments, and program areas will this person have responsibility?
- Develop and communicate the vision of the church.
- Help congregational members grow spiritually and expand their commitment to mission, ministry, and stewardship through the use of their time, talents, and treasures.
- Provide biblically based preaching and teaching ministries to meet the needs of the congregation and attract new members.
- Schedule periods of time for study, preparation and planning.
- Preach, lead in worship and provide a teaching ministry that will lead to the spiritual growth of the membership, including music and development of seasonal and special services.
- Provide initial pastoral counseling.
- Conduct weddings and funerals. Provide pastoral care to those in need. Lead and inspire Session, assist in the development of goals, communicating a clear sense of direction and equipping the leadership for ministry. Provide leadership to Ministry Teams in order to implement the vision and direction of the church.
- Participate as an active member of the Presbytery of the Cascades.
- Provide visionary leadership to the church staff.
- Participate in selection and hiring of staff members filling major department or program positions.
- Participate in developing the budget and stewardship campaigns.
- Support the Personnel Committee to develop job descriptions, policies and procedures and recommend staff development.